Chinese Translation Services
Translation into Chinese
BeTranslated provides translation in a range of Asian languages. Our team of qualified translators provide 24/7 service to corporate clients and individuals.
We take great care in choosing the right translator for each client and assigning supporting translators as needed, to ensure continuity throughout every translation project.
Each time you submit a document for translation, you can select the service appropriate for your level of urgency.
Mandarin versus Cantonese
When considering English-to-Chinese translation, the form of Chinese selected hinges on your desired target market. The three most commonly used types are as follows:
- Mandarin with short-form (simplified) characters – in Mainland China and Singapore
- Mandarin with long-form (traditional) characters – in Taiwan
- Cantonese with long-form (traditional) characters – in Hong Kong and for international Chinese
Clients should resist the urge to reduce costs by producing one set of Chinese materials to cover all of Greater
Failing to recognize the cultural distinctions can produce resentment, shows a lack of sensitivity and indicates to natives an insincere commitment to the region. Luckily, there are significant linguistic similarities among the three and BeTranslated can produce targeted communications for each market.
- Translation rates for Chinese translations
Our rates range from EUR 0.13 (
- Specificity of the text – if a translator has to perform a lot of research, the translation logically takes more time.
- Total word count.
- Requested deadline – if we have to work overnight or during weekends, there is a 50% increase over the basic rate.
- The format of the document – the best-fit format for translation purposes is a word processing format (for instance, MS Word-compliant) or
As is evident, a number of factors influence the price of a translation. This is the reason we ask you to send us all files that require translation as soon as possible, so that we can provide you with an exact quote, based on all the factors mentioned above.
Our main areas of specialization
Technical translation requires not just language skills, but also in-depth knowledge of the subject area in question.
A translator specializing in marketing needs unique linguistic and editorial skills that go beyond words in order to deliver a message perfectly tailored to the audience.