Why learn German? There are so many good reasons to do it that it is hard to list them all.
German is spoken (as an official language or as a second language) in Germany, Austria, Luxemburg, Switzerland, Belgium, Lichtenstein, Italy, Poland, Czech Republic, Hungary and Denmark. One out of four European speaks German.
Germany has the strongest economy in the European Union and ranks three in the world, after the United States and Japan. It is the world leader in exports and imports but also is one of the most important countries in terms of science, literature, philosophy, then arts, and so much more. As far as the Internet is concerned, German is the second most used language, after English.
Companies like BMW, Daimler, Siemens, Lufthansa, SAP, Bosch, Infineon, BASF, and many others work with international partners. Japan, who is the second most powerful economy in the world, understands the business advantages of knowing German: 68% of all Japanese students study German.
German companies have created around 700,000 jobs in the United States and US companies have approximately the same number of employees in Germany.
If you have a website offering German lessons, don’t hesitate to contact us. We would be more than happy to speak to you about how we could exchange visitors, promote our activities together and even exchange content.
Online Resources to Learn German
- 111 German idioms with translations and illustrations
- Deutsch-Lernen.com offers you the possibility to learn German online with free German courses for beginners and advanced speakers.
- 10 Fun Ways to Learn German
- Language courses in the heart of Vienna – Learn German, experience Austrian culture. The DeutschAkademie is an academy for 5 to 9 students and in addition supplies a preparation for recognized certificates, information about accommodation, excursions and cultural programs.
- Learn Plus offers language courses to help you learn to speak a foreign language with ease. Why not take a quality language course and receive support from expert language tutors and study at your own pace.
- Learn German Easily (basics) (online audio lessons for beginners) and: Leicht Deutsch Lernen (intermediate level) (audio lessons for intermediate students)
- Studying in Germany contains detailed and accurate information about learning German, a comprehensive guide to help beginners. The site has been featured on most of the prestigious German Universities websites such as Uni Stuttgart, Uni Bremen, Uni Konstanz and many other German newspapers.