Making your content more readable involves making text more understandable and engaging for readers. It includes using clear language, shorter sentences, and concise paragraphs.
For people who are working on multiple niche projects, it is common to translate the content from one language to another.
However, translating content with any machine translator may damage the format of the content, and you are left with unreadable text.
In this article, we will provide some tips and tricks to help you with this issue and, in turn, make your translated content more readable to the masses.
Easy Tips to Make Your Translated Content More Readable
Enhance the readability of your content significantly by incorporating and adhering to the following steps and guidelines designed to elevate the overall clarity and improve content readability:
Use Plain Language Throughout the Content
One of the most important tips to enhance the readability of your content is the use of simple or plain language throughout the content. To improve the readability of your content:
- Convert “Passive into Active” voices.
- Make sentences flow by connecting and coordinating them.
- Break longer sentences into possible shorter ones without losing its intended meaning, of course.
- You should replace complex words with simple and easy words. For example, try adding contextual correct synonyms of more formal words.
- For more advanced users, you can take advantage of an online rephrase tool. A rephrasing tool is handy for making all these changes automatically.
Make Paragraphs Easier to Read
Another important tip to make your content more readable is to make the paragraphs easier to read. The following techniques can help:
- Adjust sentence length to be between 3–5 lines.
- You should highlight some keywords or paraphrases in the paragraphs of your content. For this, you can make them Bold, Italicize, or Underline to emphasize them.
- You should use bullet points to break up the paragraphs. You can use numbered steps for breaking the paragraphs. However, you should ensure not make excessive use of bullet points or numbered steps. Otherwise, your content will look repetitive and cluttered.
The above tips will make your paragraphs more “scan-able”. Moreover, they will enable readers to easily pinpoint the required information in the paragraphs.
Use Headings and Subheadings
Making your content more readable can also be accomplished by adding headings and subheadings. These are useful to tell the reader what type of content you are covering.
Furthermore, it will help your readers find the most relevant information in your content.
Here is How You Can Use Headings and Subheadings to Improve Readability of Your Content:
- Headings should be descriptive. Each header should explain what the following text will discuss.
- They should have a limited number of words and not look like paragraphs or long sentences.
- Add headings according to a specific sequence. For example, H1>H2>,…>H6.
- Avoid complex wording in the headings and make them enriched with simple and compelling words.
Separate Content With Visuals
Visuals play a vital role in making your content more readable, this is because they break the perimeters of continuous text lines.
Moreover, they will make your content engaging as well as easily memorable. According to an online source, “human brains process images 60k more times than texts”. So why not take advantage of this fact?
Remember when picking your visuals:
- Only use relevant images, and audio/ video to your content.
- You should use copyright-free images. For this, it is useful to generate your photos.
- Don’t make your content stuffed with unwanted visuals.
- Make sure to use high-resolution visuals.
Your Take-Away for Making Your Content More Readable
The importance of readability in translated content cannot be overstated. It’s the bridge that connects your message with a diverse audience, and the key that unlocks the doors to success in the SEO industry.
To thrive in a competitive global market and achieve your expansion goals, ensuring that your translated content is not only accurate but also highly readable is an investment worth making.
It’s a crucial component of a winning strategy that can propel your business to new heights.